Valley View : Activities
The UK’s best-loved theme park is within half an hour's drive from our holiday home in Milldale. There’s a mind boggling mix of thrill and family rides, a water park, the new Sharkbait Reef by Sea Life as well as plenty of restaurants and a relaxing sunken garden area to escape the crowds. Why not stay at Valley View holiday accommodation and have the best of both worlds with an exciting day out at Alton Towers, whilst staying in the glorious Peak District countryside?
See : Alton Towers
Tel: 0871 222 3330
There are so many walks from Valley View holiday accommodation it is hard to know where to start. Of course a walk along the river Dove is a must as is a hop and a skip over the famous stepping stones. The walks in Dovedale are reasonably flat and suitable for all family members.
We recommend the following websites for more detailed description of the many walks right from the door of our holiday accommodation:
There are places to go in the Peak District for some of the best trout fishing and scenery in the country.
- The Derwent Reservoir at Ladybower is the only water in England where you can get a day ticket to fish for true wild brown trout.
- The Monsal Dale River is famous for its unique strain of breeding Rainbow Trout and fly fishing only is available. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Carsington Water fishing season runs from March to October each year and is predominantly a brown trout fishery with bank and boat fishing.
For other activities try some of these Peak District web sites:
- Go Ape
- Guided walks and themed walks by local lady in the Peak District
- Abseiling in the Peak District
- Rock climbing courses
- Outdoor Instruction: National and International guiding and training for canoeing, climbing and navigation
- Aspire Adventure Activities Contact Dave Matthews on +44 1629 732445 and choose a half-day abseiling off the Miller's Dale viaduct (80ft drop into the River Wye) or a 'weaseling' adventure (squeezing through rocks, cracks and small passageways) at Black Rocks. Both cost £120 for a family of four.
- Rock Fax
- Navigation Courses
- Caving in the Peak District
- Riding Northfield Farm
- Peak Practice Golf
- Peak Mountain Biking
- Walking in the Peak District - click here for the Walking Englishman and some great walks
- Buxton and High Peak Golf Club
- Derbyshire Flying Centre - Hang Gliding (Derbyshire and Lancs Gliding Club: +44 1298 871270)
- Blue Mountain Activities - Adventure Activities
- Exploring the Peak District
- Peak District National Park