- Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Main Entrance & Reception
- Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Utility Room
- Family Bathrooms
- Self-Catering Kitchen - Main House
- Self-Catering Kitchen - Cottage Annex
- Fire and safety information
- Grounds and Gardens
- Additional Information
- Contact Information
- Future Plans
- Valley View provides group and family self catering holiday accommodation and is located in a peaceful countryside setting in Milldale in the Peak District National Park. The nearest town is Ashbourne, which is approximately 8 miles or 15/20 minutes drive. Access to the house by car is along a small lane from the centre of Milldale up an incline. Valley View is the last house on the left hand side set in its own grounds. There is hard parking for up to four cars, which leads to a secure front garden area and the main reception hall. The lane leading to Valley View holiday accommodation is not a through road although it leads to Alstonfield the nearest village. Alstonfield is a 15 minute walk from Valley View and has a lovely pub, The George. Guests should note that this lane is not lit at night and is a reasonably steep walk into Alstonfield. It is however, all downhill on the way back!
- There are any number of fantastic walks from the holiday accommodation. Some walks along Dovedale are reasonably flat and would suit guests with limited mobility or young children. Guests with limited mobility, should note that there are different levels throughout the garden and patio areas. Some parts of the garden are steep (at the back of the house) and there is a small incline from the car parking area into the front door (accessed through a garden gate).
- The self catering holiday accommodation provides sleeping for guests in six bedrooms and on occasional beds for up to 15 plus a cot. The holiday accommodation is spacious and there is plenty of room in the reception hall and lounge. The kitchen and dining room are not suitable for mobility impaired guests as there would not be enough space around the kitchen or dining room table for a wheelchair. There is a downstairs bathroom accessed off the entrance hall with bath, shower over bath, toilet and wash basin. There is a downstairs double bedroom in the Cottage Annex with a downstairs bathroom with bath, shower over the bath, toilet and wash basin. However due to accessing the annex around the back of the property, it would not be suitable for mobility impaired guests.
- The ground floor level of the main holiday house is all on one level, but there are no downstairs bedrooms. All bedrooms in the main house are accessed by staircases, of which there are two. The front garden is accessed through a garden gate and this would be difficult for wheelchair users. The front garden area itself is relatively even and laid to lawn with a path running through the centre. The front garden area is walled off and has two gates making it secure for both children and pets. It leads directly into the house through the main reception hall.
- There is a further wide open grassed area accessed from the car parking space. Whilst this is clearly defined it is not fenced all round and would not be suitable for unsupervised children or pets. The area around the back of the property is both hard surfaced and grassed on differing levels. Whilst providing splendid views and quiet areas, it is not suitable for unsupervised children or pets.
- We have tried to include as much information as possible in this statement but if you have any queries please do call. We look forward to welcoming you.
- The self catering house is detached and stands in its own grounds with splendid views of Milldale and the Dove Valley. The location is peaceful and is not overlooked. Valley View is the last property on the left driving up the lane out of Milldale towards Alstonfield. The location is not suitable for those travelling without a car.
- Nearest shops are approximately 8 miles away in Ashbourne : M&S, Sainsbury's, Co-op, cafes, restaurants, pubs, deli and much more
- Key handover: Caren Woorwood. Caren will provide a key safe code when contacted two days in advance of arrival.
Tel: +44 1298 872213
- Emergencies: Wendy and Neil Boast.
Tel: +44 7980 390 520
- Holiday house information: www.dovedaleholidaycottage.co.uk. This provides further pictures and information.
- Accessibility statement available by request to owners and available in the property.
- Nearest train station: Derby approx 15 miles with a direct bus ‘The One’ or 109 from Derby to Ashbourne : Derby Bus Station Bay 24.
- Ashbourne is also served by bus routes 409 to Uttoxeter and 442 to Hartington and Buxton.
- Distance to Ashbourne by car approx 8 miles, about 15-20 mins depending on traffic.
- Taxi firms available in Ashbourne - there are details in the holiday information pack and on the website.
- The holiday accommodation is only suitable for those guests with mobility impairment/visual/hearing impairment who are accompanied (to ensure safety of the guest) and note as above that outside areas are not level and that there is no accessible downstairs bedroom.
- We can accommodate well behaved pets in the downstairs areas of the house but unfortunately not in the Cottage Annex. Pets are not allowed upstairs at any time or on any of the furniture. We require our guests to poop and scoop at all times.
- Our information sheet is available in large print. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Please advise Caren Woorwood (see above) for arrival arrangements, including times of arrival and departure.
- Standard arrival day is Friday for week stays. For weekend breaks arrival day is Friday with departure on Monday. To ensure your holiday accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 4.00 pm. Early arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement. Standard departure time is 10.00 am for week stays and weekend breaks.
- Parking on drive for up to four cars but we ask our guests to park carefully and to not park over the grassed area next to the tarmac parking.
- Parking access to drive off small lane (light traffic only and not access road).
- Access to front of house (reception hall) from drive through gated front garden and along path to door.
- Outside lighting.
- Main front door is to the front of house via path in front garden.
- Slightly inclined entrance into house with small step into reception hall.
- From the reception hall, the floor levels are flat to the kitchen, lounge, dining room, utility area and downstairs bathroom.
- Good lighting throughout the house and external lighting provided.
- Double entrance doors (wide) into the reception hall, lounge and dining room. Kitchen doorway is standard size.
- Both the main house and Cottage Annex are over two floors. In the main house the second floor accessible via two separate staircases one from reception hall (with banisters and stairgates) and one from rear of property. Separate Cottage Annex with own entrance on two floors (bedroom and bathroom downstairs and lounge/kitchen on second floor).
- Flooring on ground floor in main house is tiled throughout reception hall, kitchen, downstairs bathroom and utility area. Lounge and dining room are carpeted (some floor tiles in lounge around fireplace).
- Second floor is carpeted throughout.
- Cottage Annex is carpeted in bedroom, staircase and lounge area. Bathroom and kitchen area are laminate flooring.
- Telephone available in the house and Cottage Annex (for emergency and local calls only). There is no mobile signal at Valley View but it is possible to connect via the Three in Touch app or the Talk2Go app whenever you are on wi-fi and there is no signal. These apps are free and can be downloaded for android and Apple phones for Three and Talk Talk customers.
- Downstairs bathroom available in main house and Cottage Annex.
- The house has calor gas central heating with a main thermostat to control temperatures. There is a log burning stove in the lounge with a free supply of logs. A fire guard is supplied with attachments either side of the fireplace. Please ensure that this is used at all times for safety.
- Five bedrooms are upstairs, three in one part of the house and two in the other with a further bedroom in the Cottage Annex. There is one downstairs family bathroom, one upstairs family bathroom and a bathroom in the Cottage Annex. A cot is supplied. Three of the bedrooms are fitted with link beds, which can be used as two singles or one large double. In addition, there is a separate single bed in bedroom 1 making it a triple room. One of the bedrooms is fitted with two single beds, and the Cottage Annex is fitted with a double bed and double sofa bed in the lounge.
- There is a separate dining area off the lounge in the main house seating up to 16 guests as well as additional dining space in the kitchen for 6 plus high chair.
- The lounge is spacious and easily accommodates a large modular corner sofa, additional sofa, armchair and two single chairs. The lounge has additional side lighting (lamps), TV/Blue Ray surround system with remote control and has a full Sky TV package including Sky Sports and Films. There is a large coffee table. The lounge in the Cottage Annex has a TV/DVD player as well as the full Sky TV package, board games, books, coffee table and seating provided by the sofa bed.
- The reception hall area is very spacious with an additional area for book shelves, board games, games storage and additional seating. Ample coat and shoe storage is provided in the utility room with easy access from the reception hall.
- Downstairs bathroom in the main house with bath with shower over, WC and sink. Flat access from reception hall. Tiled flooring and single door access to bathroom.
- Utility room via reception hall with washing machine, condenser dryer and additional butler sink. An iron and ironing board are available. A second fridge is provided in the utility room. There is ample coat hanging and boot storage space here.
- Bedroom 1 is accessed via the main staircase to the front of the house and is fitted with link beds that can either be used as two singles or one large double. In addition, there is a separate single bed making this a triple room.
- Bedroom 2 is accessed via the main staircase and is fitted with link beds that can be used as two singles or one large double.
- Bedroom 3 is accessed via the main staircase and is fitted with link beds that can either be used as two singles or one large double.
- Bedroom 4 accessed via second staircase to rear of house is a double with standard double bed.
- Bedroom 5 accessed via second staircase to rear of house is fitted with two single beds, making bedrooms 4 and 5 ideal for a family with children. There is easy access to the downstairs bathroom from these two bedrooms.
- All bedrooms are carpeted throughout, except bedroom 2, which has laminate flooring and rugs.
- We provide hairdryers and mirrors in all bedrooms.
- Our beds are provided with synthetic duvets and pillows. Additional duvets and pillows are available for all rooms. The duvets come in different tog ratings for summer and winter use.
- There are wardrobes (fitted or free standing) in all bedrooms and other clothes storage is accessible to all bedrooms.
- The Cottage Annex is fitted with a downstairs double bedroom with wardrobe, additional plug in heating and is carpeted. A hair dryer and mirror are provided. The lounge area of the Cottage Annex has a double sofa bed for additional guests.
- All bedrooms have bedside lamps.
- There are three bathrooms, one upstairs for bedrooms 1, 2 and 3, with lovely free standing bath, separate shower cubicle, WC, sink, heated towel rail, mirror and shaver point. Flooring is laminated.
- The downstairs bathroom in the main house is easily accessed by bedrooms 4 and 5 and has bath, overhead electric shower, WC and sink. Flooring is tiled.
- The Cottage Annex bathroom is downstairs with new fitments in white including bath with electric shower over, WC and sink. Flooring is tiled.
- Kitchen is accessed from reception hall
- Electric oven with 6 hobs over and extractor fan
- Marble work surface throughout kitchen preparation area with additional free standing consule for extra preparation space and storage.
- Tiled floor surface - non-slip.
- Large free standing fridge/freezer with additional free standing fridge in utility room.
- Cookware stored in lower kitchen units. Some glasses, plates and bowls stored in kitchen units above work surfaces.
- We have supplied all the appliances and crockery necessary for your stay with toaster, microwave, kettle, ample plates, cutlery, glasses etc.
- Pine kitchen table in rear of kitchen seating six and high chair supplied.
- The upstairs area of the Annex has a small open kitchen area with oven, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle, and a selection of crockery, plates and glasses to enable guests in the Cottage Annex to prepare breakfast meals and light lunches/evening meals.
- The kitchen area has laminate flooring and leads directly to the open plan lounge area, which is carpeted.
- If children are staying in the Cottage Annex adults must ensure that they are supervised at all times when using the upstairs lounge/kitchen area.
- Fire alarms are fitted.
- Fire blankets supplied in kitchens (main kitchen and Cottage Annex).
- Fire extinguishers supplied in kitchens (main kitchen and Cottage Annex).
- External lighting outside.
- Printed information available within house.
- Gas central heating controlled by thermostat.
- Log burning stove in lounge with fire guard (can be fixed in place).
- We do not permit smoking anywhere in the house.
- The house can be evacuated from any of the downstairs doors – reception hall, utility room and the Cottage Annex via the downstairs entrance door. Please use the nearest, safest exit and move away to a safe area ideally to the front of the house and onto the lane.
- There is no mobile phone reception in the house. We do, however supply a telephone in both the main house and the Cottage Annex which can be used for local and emergency calls.
- Wi-fi is available in the main house.
- Various lawned areas both to the front of the house and to the rear. Front garden is secure with stone wall and two gates, but further lawned area to the front is not secure. Additional patio and lawned area to rear of house is steep in parts and on different levels. Children and pets must be supervised by adults in all garden areas.
- Tarmac drive leading onto front garden and round to back of house.
- Patio area with outdoor furniture and brick built BBQ are around the rear of the house (please take care when using the BBQ and do not leave unattended). This is at the rear of the house and please note that the patio is a raised area. Children and pets must always be supervised in this area and when dining outdoors.
- Easy access to log store, which is along the side of the property with outdoor lighting.
- There is additional seating at the top of the rear garden, which provides a lovely, quiet spot but please note that access here is steep.
A secure bike shed has been installed specifically for storage of guests bicycles - easily accessed from front of the property. Please insure you lock this when in use!
- Well behaved dogs allowed downstairs only by request to the owners. We regret that dogs are not allowed in the Cottage Annex. An additional charge of £15 per pet will be made to the booking fee and a maximum of 4 pets are allowed at any one time.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure the booking, with the deposit payment due 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- An additional £150 breakages charge is levied at point of payment of deposit. This will be returned once the house and Cottage Annex have been thoroughly checked and provided there are no major damages to the property or major breakages. (We accept that glasses and crockery will be broken in the normal course of events and are happy to replace these at our own cost.)
- All heating, logs, bed linen and towels are included in the rates.
- Valley View is a no smoking house.
- Terms and conditions are available on our website www.dovedaleholidaycottage.co.uk, in the holiday house, or by request to the owners
- Holiday accommodation address: Valley View, Milldale, Ashbourne, DE6 2GB
- Owners details: Neil and Wendy Boast, 76 Queen Elizabeth's Drive, Southgate, London N14 6RD
- Valley View telephone: +44 1335 310004 - no answer phone and for outgoing local and emergency calls only
- Other telephone details:
Owners: +44 20 8886 6324 or +44 7980 390 520
Key handover: Caren Woorwood: +44 1298 872 213
Maintenance: Mark Ashton: +44 7968 255 343 or John Woorwood: +44 1298 872 213
- Fax: Owners: +44 20 8350 3514
- Website: www.dovedaleholidaycottage.co.uk
- Emergency number:
Caren (key holder and most local point of contact): +44 1298 872 213 or
Maintenance Mark Ashton: +44 7968 255 343 or
Owners: Wendy and Neil Boast: +44 20 8886 6324 or +44 7980 390 520
- Current replacement project of some of the windows downstairs to allow easier opening and closing and repair of window locks. Velux windows have been replaced and further windows to be replaced June and September 2015. New doors to be fitted to some of the bedrooms and downstairs bathroom in June and September 2015.
Created on: 26/10/2010