Bring your pet on holiday too! Valley View holiday accommodation is dog friendly and pet friendly! Up to a maximum of four well behaved dogs.
Sleeps 12 + cot this is a large self catering holiday cottage ideal for short breaks with friends and family or longer breaks in the school holidays. Sorry but no stag or hen parties.
Alton Towers only 30 minutes drive!
Read what our guests have to say - for our up to date holiday cottage testimonials!
Situated in the Staffordshire Peak District village of Milldale, close to Alstonfield (fantastic pub) near Ashbourne (local shops) and Alton Towers, Valley View is ideal for family groups, birthday celebrations or reunions.
- Valley View self catering holiday accommodation sleeps up to 12+cot in 6 bedrooms, including one double bedroom in the attached holiday Cottage Annex (with its own additional lounge and bathroom).
- Three bathrooms - one in Cottage Annex
- Sky Sports and TV on two TV's and surrond sound in lounge
- Large lounge with plenty of seating
- Large dining table seats up to 14
- Modern, fully equipped kitchen
- Superb pub, The George, Alstonfield only 15 minutes walk
Fabulous family and dog friendly walks from the door, suitable for walkers of all ages along the exquisite river Dove which flows within 100 yards of the front door. Enjoy the freedom of being in the countryside!
This large self catering holiday house offers fantastic accommodation for family holidays and we are close to Alton Towers. Valley View holiday house is within half an hour's drive of Alton Towers, so why not relax in the stunning scenery and still enjoy the excitement of Alton Towers?
Superb views from the front and rear of the large holiday cottage overlooking Dovedale and Milldale. This holiday house is in one of the most stunning locations in the Peak District. Please note that we are situated in a quiet rural hamlet and this property is suitable for those wishing a relaxing break in the country. We are not a party house and we cannot cater for hen or stag parties.
Pet Friendly Holiday Cottage
Dog friendly, pet friendly, all pets welcome - we are dog owners too!
Ideal Holiday Accommodation for Family Groups
Ideal for family groups to rent a large holiday house together, and short breaks for a family get together, this large holiday cottage is perfect for a family gathering of all ages.
Large holiday house near to the market town of Ashbourne, Tissington cycle trail, Hartington village, the historic market town of Leek, the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Derby and within half an hour's drive of Alton Towers.
Deal direct with the owner - no agencies
Flexible booking and short breaks available (Christmas and New Year short breaks!)
Short breaks available in the school holidays!
Combining outstanding holiday accommodation with a fantastic location in the heart of the Peak District with excellent facilities and a world class theme park on the doorstep you'll find Valley View holiday accommodation hard to beat.
Situated in Milldale, right in the heart of Dovedale, less than 100 yards from the river Dove, Valley View holiday cottage is unbelievably well placed - walk from the doorstep; stroll to the pub; delve further into Dovedale and the Manifold Valley; go for a cycle ride; explore Ashbourne, Tissington or Hartington; head for the thrills of Alton Towers; or just sit and enjoy the views - and, whatever you do, come back to the comfort of Valley View self catering holiday accommodation!
- Stunning walks from the door - suitable for walkers of all ages - Milldale with some of the best walks in Dovedale in the Peak District right from the doorstep is a fabulous location
- Bring your bike (or hire one) - and go for a ride along the Tissington Trail (we now provide secure bike storage)
- Explore Hartington to enjoy a pint, rest over a cup of tea, stock up on cheese or head for the cliffs, rocks and caves of Beresford Dale
- Walk or ride over to the Manifold Valley, to see Beeston Tor or scramble up to Thor's cave
- Visit a superb local pub and farm shop for real ales and great food - The George, in Alstonfield is only 15 minutes walk away
- Short of adrenalin? Alton Towers providing fun and entertainment for family groups and adults alike is within half an hour's drive
Only slightly further afield, are towns such as Ashbourne, a picturesque market town with all the necessary local services (supermarkets, banks etc.), Derby (shopping and culture, food and drink) and Leek with an unspoilt town centre, distinctive shops and famed for its markets, including a Fine Food market.
Valley View has all that you expect of a large holiday house . . . and more!
- Ideal for families - 6 bedrooms for up to 12 people - plus cot
- Large rooms - plenty of space and ample seating for guests - with not one, but two lounges
- Main lounge - with plenty of comfortable seating and surround sound TV
- Second lounge in the holiday Cottage Annex - games for the kids or a quiet space to just sit and read
- Log burning stove in the main lounge to make you extra warm and cosy - with an unlimited free supply of logs
- Plenty of dining space - the main Dining room seats up to 14 - with additional dining in the kitchen for up to 7 for family meals, including the high chair
- Easy catering - with two fully equipped kitchens - the main kitchen and a second kitchen in the holiday Cottage Annex - with an additional fridge in the utility room so you can stock up for the week and then relax and forget the shopping
- Three bathrooms - including one downstairs and one in the holiday Cottage Annex
- Off street parking on private drive for up to 4 cars
- Dogs and pets welcome (small additional charge applies)
And just to make things a bit more special, we have links to local services who can bring extra luxuries right to you . . . don't lift a finger, just pamper yourself with the beauty spa service or a fully catered dinner party!
Equipped to the standard of 4 Star rated accommodation, Valley View holiday house has all the extras that you would expect to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible . . . no extras, it's all included!
- Sky TV - with full sports and film packages in both lounges
- Wi-fi internet access
- Games galore - table football, x-box, board games and more in the lounge in the holiday Cottage Annex
- Utility room for boots, coats etc
- Separate washing machine and dryer in the utility room
- Full central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Cyclists and walkers welcome with facilities for bike storage (lockable outdoor shed)
We can't guarantee the weather . . . but come rain or shine, wind or snow, we know that you'll have everything at Valley View holiday accommodation to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.
Ideal for a family holiday in the Peak District. Large holiday cottage, dog friendly. We welcome pets! Peak District self catering short breaks welcome all year round! Christmas and New Year short breaks. Large self catering holiday accommodation near Alton Towers.